3.12.2010

Jug Band Blues Sept. 16, 1924

For the life of me I can't figure out the last line of this song, which makes me pretty sad cause the rest of this song is so groovy. Sara Martin.

Did you ever wake up, find your daddy gone?
Turn over on your side, sing this lonesome song
I woke up this morning between midnight and day
You oughta see me grab the pillow where my daddy used to lay

Crying, hey, hey, ain't got no daddy now
If my country goes to war don't need no thing no how
Cause I'm singing this song for women just like myself
Running wild about a man when you know he's got someone else.

You can always tell when your man is treating you mean
You can always tell when your man is treating you mean
Lord, his meals ain't reg'lar and your house ain't never clean.

I ain't got nobody to carry my troubles to
I ain't got nobody to carry my troubles to
I've got the blues so bad I don't know what to do

I'll tell you now, I can't be satisfied
If I don't get my man, gonna catch a train and ride
Gonna sing this verse and I ain't gonna sing no more
The way this man goes to ___ ___ it makes me sore

No comments:

Post a Comment